Friday

Five Crazy Things I Did When I Was Little

Rules:
1. Follow this format
2. Copy/Paste the rules
3. State who tagged you and add a link to their blog
4. Write 5 crazy things you did as a little kid
5. Tag 5 people

tagged by Anilee

Actually, believe it or not, I was a mostly calm, rather dull child. I am much more crazier now then I was when I was younger; back in those days I was quiet, shy, very "teacher's pet"-ish and altogether too concerned with following rules and behaving. I did NOT like to be the center of attention (my, how that's changed!!). However, there are a few noteworthy tales to share.

1. As a toddler, I used to have this little plastic yellow ride-on toy. It was a school bus. I LOVED that thing, and even more so, I LOVED riding it through the kitchen, down the hallway and directly in to the door which leads to the garage. Over and over and over and over. "VROOM VROOM VROOM THUMMPPP!" could be heard all day long. My poor father tried everything he could to stop me from denting, scratching and otherwise ruining that door, but nothing worked. I kept crashing in to it. Eventually he put a metal door in place of the old one (I throroughly ruined the old one) and even that didn't stop me!

2. At age 3, I decided that I really, really, really wanted to hug my cat, Sydney. Sydney, however, did not want to be hugged. EVER. But somehow, I got it into my head that this would be a good thing to do. You would think, that after I'd chased him around the house and he kept running away from me that I would have figured out that, well, obviously, he doesn't want a hug right now. But I, being the determined and stubborn child that I was (ok, that I AM), wouldn't give up. Somehow I managed to lure the poor cat into my room and close the door. To hear my father tell the story, the hug was apparently successful, though I really think it depends on your definition of "successful". Seeing as I really don't remember much of the event, we're going by his interpretation. All we know is that is that I eventually opened my bedroom door and came running downstairs, completely covered in fur and sobbing, "SYDNEY SCRATCHED ME!!!!". Sydney hid in basement for three days before he dared emerge.
Lesson learned: Do not try to hug a cat who does not want to be hugged

3. Another memorable time was the summer day when I really, really wanted to go sledding. Obviously, sledding in 90 degree weather is a little trickier then it is in the winter; probably due to the lack of snow. At any rate, I would not be deterred. I found old pieces of plywood and created a makeshift ramp in the backyard (which already slopes downhill; I made it slope even further. There was quite an unbelievable angle there, mark my words) and went sledding down on a skateboard with rollerblades on my feet, too (just for good measure). And no knee pads, of course. I sort of forgot that it might be a little tricky to steer. I still have that scar.

I can't think of anything else majorly "crazy" that I did when I was younger...I'm sure there were things but I can't think of them!!!...., but here are some much more recent examples, from this past year :) :

4.I helped...commandeer...a golf cart and drove it around girl scout camp at midnight. But that was rather recently and I don't think I should disclose details :)

5. I randomly developed a high-pitched British accent this summer and I very much enjoy talking in it, just to annoy people. As such, I get great pleasure out of answering the phone in a variety of fake accents.


I tag...Somnium and anyone reading this who hasn't done it yet.

1 comments:

Sancho Moss said...

I love the British accent thing, friends and I do it all the time, just out of habit sometimes.

All time best way to answer the phone: "Hello, Rickards' (or Doll) mortuary, you kill 'em we chill 'em, how may I help you?"

Be advised: Only try that on a phone with caller ID, as home security system salesmen and other such scum are rather annoyed.