Monday

The Caf

Alright, so I'm currently sitting here in the community college cafeteria. Now, for a gal like me who's been homeschooled all her life, meals consisted of opening the fridge, finding something edible, cooking it, and eating in the dining room, kitchen, living room, patio...you get the idea. The whole cafeteria concept was a totally new and exciting experience for me this year!! I'm only on campus twice a week, so the excitement really hasn't even completely worn off yet. I mean, yeah, the food's not always that great...but the whole experience in general? Pretty darn exciting!

It's just so interesting. Two booths in front of me are two girls who have discussed everything from transfer applications that are due in March to books that focus on the downfall of society to why girls are smarter than guys to how one of them celebrates Hanukkah. Next to me, two adults are griping about the amount of people who don't bother to recycle. Above me, "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" flows out of the hidden speakers, and on the other side of the half-wall on my right, a group of guys is attempting to sing along.

I love the hustle and bustle and the many eavesdropping opportunities that abound! Who knew meals could be a social activity, too?!

What did I eat? Well, in celebration of the fact that this is my last week of Fall semester classes, I skipped the salad and the snacks I packed and went all out. I got all my favorites:

Pizza (I LOVE the pizza here. It's homemade and it's like no other!)
Chocolate milk
Potato cheese soup + crackers
Doritos (saved these for later, though; I'll pack them in my lunch tomorrow to eat at preschool)
Chocolate pudding (with whipped cream!)

Mmmmmmmmm!

3 comments:

Holly said...

:Who knew meals could be a social activity, too?!:

Ha! :)

Edge said...

I'm really hungry now...time to hit my own caf :). The whole college thing after homeschooling is pretty exciting. You'll have to keep us updated on where you're thinking about going to college after you graduate!

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Nice! The first time I ate in a cafeteria, i was in highschool. I also grew up home-schooled, so I went to this summer camp where I ate at a cafeteria every night AND rode on a school bus. Ha ha...