Sunday

Various and sundry thoughts

Funny how distance grants so much perspective!
I've been digging through old files on my computer lately, reorganizing them and getting rid of things I don't need in order to clear up precious memory space. I've been re-reading a lot of my writing, from the last two years or so...amazing how some time, whether it's two years or two months, can totally change my perspective on those pieces! Poems, short stories, even a very lame attempt at a novel which isn't even halfway through it's first draft...my thoughts have changed completely. Lines or words that I HATED back then don't seem so bad; things I didn't really care about seem pretty good, and things that seemed like a stroke of pure genius at the time now make me shake my head and blush at my stupidity, because it's just that awful!
Two more months from now, will my views have changed again?

Update: Amy is doing well, everyone. THANK YOU for your thoughts and prayers!!! I am firmly convinced that the HUNDREDS (perhaps more?!?) of thoughts and prayers and other types of support that have been coming our way are a HUGE part of why she's doing so well. She went back to work this past week and was at church today; she's happy and she's Amy and I'm just so thrilled that things are OK right now! Chemo's going well so far. Keep praying, though!

Thought for the day: Tetris is an awesome stress reliever. Addicting, though, so be careful! I finally broke down and spent the $$$ to buy Tetris for my DS. However, there's plenty of free online versions, too; just search "Free online tetris game".

1 comments:

Holly said...

Oh, I know what you mean. I experienced that for the first time when I looked back on my NaNoWriMo attempt after a few months...I actually thought it had some good stuff to it, when at the time I couldn't imagine anything good was coming out of my fingertips at that speed and carelessness.

That's so good to hear about Amy. :)