Wednesday

HELP!

(Ok, does the title make anyone else start singing the Beatles song?)

I need to give a persuasive speech in the very near future.

Rules:

  • NO MORE THAN 5 minutes.
  • Must have five parts:
    -- Attention-getting intro
    -- Brief synopsis of the problem
    -- Suggested solution(s)
    -- Speculation on what the world would look like if solutions were put into to practice
    -- Commission to go and change your ways
  • I want it to be original: no over-used stuff like "Why you should wear a seatbelt" or "Why you shouldn't smoke".
  • It can't be anything I'm TOO passionate about. Rule out anything super-controversial, including religious and political issues.

So.....that leaves me with.......

*blank stare*

Any ideas?!? You guys love to argue. You're super opinionated. Help a fellow blogger out, will ya? I hate brainstorming!!

5 comments:

Q said...

You know I need somebody!
HELP!
Not just anybody!
HELP!
You know I need someone!
HELP!

*ahem* Sorreh.

How about... "Sesame Street: Good or Bad?"

Emily said...

YAY for the Beatles!!

Ooooh...that could actually be interesting....*adds to list*

*ponders*...but what would my "action point" (commission to audience) be for that...? Hmmm...

Edge said...

Gosh, you're forcing me to think. I have three papers due. My brain is dead. *thinks very hard*

Energy crisis - action point is turning off lights/electronics, etc.

If you're doing this at a comm. college for dual-credit (what I'm going to blithely assume), gas prices? That was boring. I shall think of one more to redeem myself.

Aha! Reading! People don't read anymore. This is a bad thing and detrimental/deleterious to one's education. But you might be too passionate about that one ;-)

Holly said...

Hm...well, my dead horse for persuasive speeches is foreign language education in the U.S. - how we have to have more of it, and earlier and better, because multilingualism is such an essential skill in the world today and USians are defo behind in that area.

Anonymous said...

Unsuprisingly it does. But the last time I made a reference to the Beetles, it flew over the persons head at a good 100 miles an hour and they thought I had lost...which perhaps I have...

Anyhow, uh...uh...uh........

I know! "Why professors shouldn't give assignments that are all due on the same day!" It promises lots of action...*raising eyebrows in a convincing manner and nodding head*