Wednesday

Pockets

Recent words of wisdom from my Intro to Ethics prof, who has been known to say some amusingly profound things purely by accident....

[He can be slightly scatterbrained. He set an assignment down on a back table and forgot about it, couldn't find it, and then eventually located it halfway through the class, causing him to remark...]

"Ah, the table. Pockets and tables are very challenging for me. I should be a man with only one pocket and live in a place with only one table, and then everything would be where I thought."



But if you ask me, pockets are what keep life interesting! Is there a feeling more lovely in the world than pulling out your favorite jeans for the first time in the fall, reaching into one of the many pockets and finding a wrinkled $10 bill, just waiting to surprise you and make your day, because you forgot that you put it in that pocket last Spring? I think that "EUREKA!" moment is like no other!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Ha! That's wonderful! I think I'd love that prof.

Gretchen Alice said...

See, the whole "finding money randomly" thing never happens to me because I never lose track of my money. It's probably best that way. :)