Saturday

Hurricane update



Hurricane Gustav is currently at Category 4 level, with sustained winds at 145mph, and it's continuing to strengthen. If it reaches 155mph, it will be a Category 5 storm, just like the infamous Katrina.

(Find out more on www.weather.com.)
I don't know why, guys, but something about this hurricane and the potential danger and damage it seems to be gearing up for...well, it's really hitting me hard; harder then usual. Maybe because I've been there (to the Gulf Coast), maybe because I've seen firsthand what these storms do to people's lives...maybe because I know people there...I don't know why, exactly, but I'm finding this hard to deal with.
And I'm hundreds of miles away, safe in my house tonight, my worst weather concern was that it was uncomfortably humid today....
*sigh*

I wish I could do something to help.

3 comments:

Q said...

:(

Grace K. said...

Hello! Chanced upon your blog from Edge's and I just wanted to say thank you. My family and I evacuated last night from Southwest LA, and we made it safely to Texas with my mom's family.

You said you wished there was something you could do? You are. You're praying for us. :) Thank you so much. *hugs her* Keep it up!!

Grace

Edge said...

Wow. I think we have the immediate blog world praying for Raewyn/Grace. That's so awesome.