Monday

Poetry Series: Week 4

I stumbled across this poem tonight purely by accident and absolutely fell in love with it.
I love the descriptions and the personifications of the beach....I love the calming effect of this poem and how the words just wash over me.
Most of all, I love the title -- Where Angels Rest -- it's like the epitome of beauty, serenity, and glory.

WHERE ANGELS REST
Marcia Schechinger

Cool waves softly stretch
breathing in the wind
Slightly covering
sand's warm body
The tempo rises and falls
as a breeze ascends the waves to shore
with white foam
then swallows them back again
Like a duet they play,
the wind and water
moving in methodical rhythm
harmonious with my heartbeat
Surf sweeps gently as if imploring
for peaceful tranquility
Here, I sit, quietly thinking
this must be where angels rest

2 comments:

Holly said...

Ooh. That's lovely.

Patrice said...

Yeah, that's really beautiful.