Saturday

Seven Songs of Summer Meme

ZE RULES:

"List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to."

[Ok, so here are the first seven songs that come to mind when I think about what I've been listening to lately...a pretty amusing mix, actually!!]

ZE SONGS:

1. Walking on Sunshine -- Katrina & the Waves
2. Brown-eyed Girl -- Van Morrison
3. Hallelujah -- Krystal Meyers
4. Average Girl -- BarlowGirl
5. Anthem -- Superchic[k]
6. Hey Baby -- the Crazy Frog version!!
7. Mirrors & Smoke -- Jars of Clay


[edit] BONUS SONG!! (Just cuz I am such a rule-breaker and can't stick to only seven...!):
8. American Pie -- Don McLean (I have been listening to this song on repeat nearly non-stop for the last 20 hours. I kid you not. Yes, it played while I slept last night...!)

ZE TAGS:

I tag Anilee, Somnite, & Patrice. I think everyone else has done it already...?

3 comments:

Q said...

Is it weird that I don't think I've heard of ANY of these songs?

Emily said...

REALLY?! NONE of them?!

Well, I don't know what kind of music you listen to, but BarlowGirl, Superchic[k], Jars of Clay and Krystal Meyers are all contemporary Christian artists.

But the songs "Walking on Sunshine", "Brown-eyed Girl" and "American Pie" are all oldies-but-goodies...I guess I just assumed that every radio-listening-to American had heard them...!!!

Gretchen Alice said...

I love Brown-eyed Girl! And yes, Don McLean is very awesome.
P.S. Your quote collection in the side bar is fab!