Friday

Taking q's advice

[q told me to write. "It doesn't even have to make sense"...well...]

It was so hot in my house yesterday that the chocolate chips, the chocolate chips that were sealed inside their yellow Nestle bag inside a drawer under a countertop far, far, far away from the dishwasher and the sun and any other heat-producing source...the chocolate chips melted. Into one big gooey glob. Chocolate chips aren't supposed to melt inside a drawer! Is there no safe haven left?!

So what did I do? Well, there's only one thing you can do with a bag of gooey chocolate chips. There's no hope left for them; obviously they'll never be the same again. Their sanctuary of the dark drawer has been invaded; suddenly there's no where left for them to go.........

I ate them.

There's nothing like gooey chocolate chips to make the monotony and dreadfulness of summer a little more tolerable.

5 comments:

Q said...

Hey, look! She wrote something!

Now work on your book. ;)

I believe in you. It can't be going any worse than mine is right now.

Emily said...

You're amazing!! *bows down gratefully to amazing writing mentor*

Ah, well, all writers go through slumps.

My book? Where did you hear that???

Holly said...

Tragic! At least they did not sacrifice themselves for nothing...;) I was imagining sticking them the fridge so they'd solidify in a lump, and then whacking off pieces of it when I got a chocolate craving...

Emily said...

I've tried that in the past, actually, but Daddy gets mad when I steal his sledgehammer and somehow, the chocolate always gets all...weird...sort of white-ish...when it's in the fridge for extended periods of time. It just doesn't tast "right", you know?

Maybe I'm just a chocolate snob :-P

Q said...

HA I'm no writing mentor. I'm just parroting what I've read elsewhere because you clearly needed to hear it.

Yes, we all go through slumps, but we'd better be working when the mood comes upon us again, right?

Everyone is writing a book, dear. Especially people in this blogging community.