Friday

The Thought Process: Math Homework

  • I want to play Guitar Hero.
  • But I really need to do this math homework.
  • I will NOT play Guitar Hero until this math homework is done!
  • I really need a pencil.
  • *digs through backpack*
  • What IS this? Why is it sticky....? How long has that been there....?
  • Maybe I don't want to know.
  • Focus. Pencil.
  • *dig dig dig*
  • AHA! Found one!
  • Aw, man, it needs sharpening.
  • *look at desk, where there SHOULD be a pencil sharpener, but it is too piled with stuff to see the sharpener*
  • Hmm. It'll be easier to go sharpen it downstairs.
  • *go downstairs to den to sharpen pencil*
  • *have pointless convo with Lil Bro*
  • *go back upstairs to bedroom*
  • Hey, it's the cat! Hi, Grumpy girl!
  • *pause to pet cat*
  • *back to bedroom*
  • Oh, yeah. Calculator. I need my calculator!
  • Where IS my calculator, anyway?
  • *begin to search room for calculator*
  • Hmmm...it doesn't appear to be anywhere up here...I did just use it recently...
  • *snaps fingers*
  • It must be downstairs!
  • *back downstairs*
  • Oh, there it is! On the kitchen counter!
  • Hmmm, while I'm here, I might as well get a drink.
  • Chocolate milk would be good.
  • *makes chocolate milk*
  • *carries calculator & milk back up the stairs*
  • *sit down on bed*
  • *open math book*
  • Now, let's see...uh oh, I didn't write down which assignments I'm supposed to do.
  • I have to go online and check the assignment website.
  • *opens computer*
  • Oh, look! I have new emails!
  • Email from (college) about an interview? Better respond to that.
  • Oh...an email from Very Best Friend about directions for tomorrow...
  • That reminds me: I need to Google directions for tomorrow anyway. Better do it now so I won't forget.
  • *clicks "print" for directions*
  • I'd better go check and see if they printed
  • *goes downstairs in den to check for directions.*
  • Yay, they printed!
  • *back upstairs*
  • Ok. Math. Focus. I was checking the assignment.
  • *goes back to site*
  • *writes down assignment*
  • *IM pops up*
  • It's L! I haven't talked to her in ages!
  • *15 minute convo with L*
  • Ok. No more distractions. Math needs to get done.
  • Wow...it's amazing how many times I've been distracted.
  • That would make a good blog post, I think.
  • *writes blog post*
  • Wow, is that the time? I really better get moving on this homework...
  • *does three problems*
  • I'm really tired....
  • I have to get up early tomorrow....
  • Maybe I should go to sleep now....
  • I do have all weekend to do these problems...
  • They're not due til Monday....
  • That's plenty of time!
  • Yeah, I'll do 'em later.
  • *gets ready for bed*
  • Hmmm. But I'm not really tired.
  • Maybe I could play just one song on Guitar Hero.THEN I'll go to bed.
  • *plays Guitar Hero until much too late*
  • Ooops.
  • *yawn*
  • I really should have done that homework if I was going to stay up so late.
  • Oh, well.
  • There's always tomorrow.
  • Or the day after.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have just started learning to play guitar online at http://tinyurl.com/co973y and need all the help I can get.